FAQs and Oral Health

Common Questions About Your Dental Health

When should I schedule my child’s first trip to the dentist?

Your child has up to 6 months to visit the dentist following the appearance of their first tooth. This recommendation is provided by The Canadian Dental Association.

What should I do if a tooth has loosened or has been knocked out?

Firstly, bite on clean gauze to halt the bleeding, then place your tooth in a container of milk or saline. Alternatively, you can place your tooth under your tongue. Be sure to visit your dentist in Winnipeg within an hour of the accident.

What type of toothbrush and toothpaste should I use?

Your dentist can provide you with specific recommendations for this. Generally, use a soft bristle toothbrush and toothpaste that contains fluoride for strengthening and protecting your teeth. When choosing dental products always search for the Canadian Dental Association (CDA) Seal of Acceptance.

Will I be charged for short notice cancellations or missed appointments?

Our dental clinic in Winnipeg reserves the right to charge up to $200 for all missed and short notice cancellation appointments.

Can I pay with a credit card?

There is currently a 3% surcharge on all payments made with credit card. We do not currently accept American Express at this time

Can I request a duplicate of a receipt?

Please be advised that all duplicate receipts requested incur a fee of $10 per patient, per year. This is because of administrative expenses and book keeping expenses that need to be recorded in the accounting software. Applicable to both paper & digital version of receipts.

How often should I visit my dental clinic?

You should visit your dentist every six months at the minimum. However, every patient is different and some may need to visit more sooner. Your dentist can discuss the frequency of scheduling dental visits with you in more detail at your next appointment.

How often should I brush my teeth?

Brush your teeth at least two times per day to keep your teeth and overall mouth clean. Make sure you are brushing for at least two minutes—at the very least. Also, don’t forget to brush your tongue!

When should I change my toothbrush?

Adults and children should replace their manual toothbrush every three months. If you use an electric toothbrush, you may not need to change the head as frequently so be sure to read the directions.

Will I be charged for a short notice cancellation for a sedation procedure?

Short notice ( within 5 business days) cancellation of Sedation( General Anesthesia & IV sedation) appointments incur a fee of $500 per appointment. This is because the Anaesthetist and nurses still have to be paid for their time.

Do specific services include non-refundable deposits?

Zoom in office whitening bookings require $100 non refundable deposit at the time of booking. This is non refundable if the appointment is missed or cancelled within 48 hours of the appointment. This is because special staff needs to be scheduled for these procedures.

FOOTER » Greenwoods Pediatric Dentistry