Dental X-Rays Near You
At Greenwoods Pediatric Dentistry, our team of dental professionals provides dental x-rays in Winnipeg to identify oral health problems in their early stages. While the idea of your child being exposed to radiation from dental x-rays can be scary for some parents, this fear doesn’t have to be present. By providing a deeper understanding of dental x-rays, our team of dental professionals hopes to provide parents with peace of mind.
Types of Dental X-Rays Used for Children
Our team uses two types of x-rays for your child:
- Bitewing x-rays- these radiographs allow our dentist in Winnipeg to get an image of both the upper and lower set of teeth in just one go. The molars are captured from crown to bone to detect changes in the bone and tooth decay. Bitewings are especially useful in finding cavities between the teeth, which our dentist cannot detect with a simple visual examination. If any problems are shown in the x-rays, our dentist will create a treatment plan best suited to your child’s needs.
- Panoramic x-rays- this form of x-ray is used to help our dentist see the teeth below the gum line that have not yet surfaced and provides an excellent way for our dentist to monitor the growth and development of your child’s teeth.
Why Are Dental X-Rays Important?
We offer x-rays near you because our team understands the importance of this diagnostic tool in understanding your child’s oral health development and condition. Our dentist uses x-rays to:
- Detect tooth decay and cavities
- Detect infections in the mouth
- Monitor the development of your child’s teeth
- Prepare the mouth for orthodontic treatment
- Detect any additional oral health issues that are not visible with the naked eye
Remember that the benefits of dental x-rays far outweigh any risks involved.
Interested in Dental X-Rays Near You?
If you would like to learn more about the uses and safety of dental x-rays, or if you are looking for a pediatric dental office that offers dental x-rays, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at Greenwoods Pediatric Dentistry. We are happy to offer dental x-rays in Winnipeg.